There are two major style considerations to be made when choosing to have bespoke fitted wardrobes. One is what they will look like inside – hanging areas, cubby holes, shelves, drawers etc. The other is the doors.
Bespoke fitted wardrobe providers offer lots of choices when it comes to door styles, including mirrored sliding doors. Sliding doors in general have advantages over hinged doors and having them mirrored adds to those advantages:
- Makes the room look bigger – mirrors have long been used in interior design to make spaces look bigger.
- Easy access – a sliding door gives easy access to a wider area of the interior of the wardrobe than a series of hinged doors.
- Optimum storage – the interior storage space of the wardrobe can be maxed out thanks to the lack of requirement of supports for hinged doors.
- Maximise room space – fitted wardrobes with sliding (mirrored) doors do not impinge on room space because they don’t open into the room as hinged doors do. This means there is less restriction on placement of free-standing furniture.
- Extra uses – having mirrored doors means there is no requirement for a full length dressing mirror elsewhere in the room. The mirrors can also be used for activities such as exercise, dance practice and yoga poses.
Plus there are various style options so mirrored doors can be made for all room and decor tastes.